The European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) has extended the deadline for the Ruggero Bertani European Geothermal Innovation Award 2022, which is now January 17, 2022. Remember to name your company or innovative project.
Applications for the Ruggero Bertani European Geothermal Innovation Award 2022 are open! This award is given to companies that have made an outstanding contribution in the field of geothermal energy in the form of innovative products, scientific research or project initiatives.
New application deadline: January 17, 2022
Follow the hashtag # GeoInnAward2022 to be aware of the latest updates on the process (deadlines, appointments…).
The competition solicits projects, processes, products and initiatives from European companies, entities or organizations in all applications of the value chain and geothermal energy, provided that they are located or have activities in Europe.
Jury of the year:
- Inga Berre, professor at the University of Bergen, Norway
- Miklos Antics, President of EGEC
- Javier Urchueguia, Chairman of the RHC ETIP geothermal panel, UPV, Spain
- Fausto Batini, Magma Energy, President ETIP-DG, Italy
- Sandra Kircher, Trade Show Manager, Geotherm Expo & Congress, Germany
- Applications open: 11/29/2021
- Closing date for nominations: 12/23/2021 – extended to January 17, 2022
- Announce the finalists: 01/26/2022
- Announce the winner: 1/06/2022 – physical event, to GeoTHERM
The entry can cover a new concept or the development of an existing process or product to provide an innovative and sustainable approach, developed or published during the previous year (01/01/2021 to 12/31/2021). The benefits, improvements and reliability of the innovation must be clearly indicated in the registration form. If research projects, to be qualified as innovation, applicants must have Technological Readiness Level (TRL), as defined by the Horizon 2020 work program, of 7 or higher.
Participants can submit one innovation per entity and per year. Unsuccessful nominations will be eligible for nomination at future awards. Take a look here for more information on eligibility, terms and conditions.
No entry fee is required.